I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

sTraitS qUaY mALL pEnAnG !!!

At around the same time 1st Avenue Mall was opened in Penang, Straits Quay Mall was opened to the public as well. I did not have the chance to visit this new mall until today. First off, a quick background on Straits Quay Mall (I was told quay is pronounced "key" )



The Front Entrance



Straits Quay is located at Sri Tanjung Pinang, a reclaimed land somewhere in between Tanjung Bunga and Tanjung Tokong. It's a stone's throw away from Island Plaza. Currently its the latest seafront hangout spot in Penang.



In case you are lost.



The coolest thing about this mall is that the place is actually a residence apartment / condominium with the luxurious shopping complex located on the first and second floor. How I wish this was my home. The place is nice in the sense that it has a seafront promenade, cafe, bistro, restaurants and most of the major brands retail shops.




CNY Deco just outside the mall


In case you get lost again





As I found out soon enough, the design was very similar to the Eastern & Oriental Hotel at upper Penang Road because E&O Berhad happens to be the big player for Quay Straits. No wonder walking around inside the mall was akin to being inside a hotel. 



More Shops coming soon
Fair winds bring good fortune, prosperity and abundance to all



Oh did I mention there is a lighthouse here as well. I was too lazy to walk over to the lighthouse, so a photo from a distance should suffice. Somehow the waterfront reminded me of Putrajaya. 



Lighthouse to show you and me some light



Inside Straits Quay Mall, majority of the shops weren't opened yet, but those that were already opened exuded class and luxury. Heck, there was even an open glass lift in the lobby just to bring you from level 1 to level 2 and vice versa.



A rather classy apartment lobby
Check out these mannequins!

No comments:

Post a Comment